Friday, November 8, 2013

almost ready.



Hallo there! It's been awhile, I know. Good news though, I've had some pretty exciting things going on with Imbue the last couple weeks. We've been testing different scents, ingredients, products, packaging, etc. Oh, and it snowed here this week so now I have visions of winter recipes dancing in my head! But before I go there, I want to share with you my first two products that are almost ready for market. The first is a batch of Lavender Mint Body Bars. Here they are!



They start with filtered beeswax for its excellent emollient properties and create the foundation of the bars. The organic unrefined shea butter I use is hand harvested in Ghana from the Karite tree. It creates a breathable water resistant film that helps retain moisture. The coconut oil is also organic and unrefined. It adds another layer of protection and is very soothing for inflamed and irritated skin. Apricot kernel oil is said to be one of the best oils for sensitive and prematurely aged skin. The grapeseed oil I use has non-allergenic properties while the jojoba oil has absorption properties that are similar to our skin's own sebum. Essential oils I chose are relaxing, soothing, sweet, and fresh. Lastly I add vitamin E oil for it's super antioxidant powers that help extend the shelf life of the products and also help protect and nourish our skin. Talk about double duty! It just so happens I have had two different sources contact me this week about putting some out for sale. AHH! We're pretty excited around here! So if you happen to pick up one of these sets, let me know what you think! I went pretty simple with the labels. Found the bags on Etsy from a fellow Minnesotan. And now I'm just waiting on some tape for the final touch on the packaging. And now, the second product ...... Lip Balm! Check it out!


The different lip balms we have tested are citrus, herbal, floral, and mint. I am still working on getting those to my liking, in the meantime though I've decided to try a new flavor. Chai! It's one of my favorite beverages so I thought, why not? After creating a chai spice blend with herbs and spices I infused it in sweet almond oil and let time and temperature do their magic. And when the batch of lip balm was done, it turned out to be our favorite one so far. It's flavor is subtle and the texture is very nice. The lip balm is made with beeswax, shea butter, coconut oil, sweet almond oil, local camelina oil, vitamin E oil, cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, clove, and natural vanilla flavor. 

Thanks for checking out the new products. More to come soon! 

P.S. Here is a BIG thank-you to those who have been such lovely test subjects for my creations and those who have offered me the opportunity to market them. It helps so much to have honest feedback and good friends! Also, many thanks to my family for all the support and help. It's been a bumpy road, but well worth it :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment